16 August 2013

That time I skipped Work...



I know, I know… Yesenia what were you thinking. You naughty, bad girl. ( & yes I am imagining a super hot country boy tell me that). How can you lie and why would you skip work and possibly jeopardize getting fired. Well, relax. I wasn’t jeopardizing anything and I didn’t get fired. I am so beyond happy that I did it. Besides being away from your job outside in the beautiful sun, is so much better than being at your job stuck inside a gloomy stuffy grey old office. Am I right?! I thought so. I’ve wanted a day off for months. I just randomly decided that Wednesday was going to be that day.  I woke up at 7 am, called my boss and called in sick. Yay. The End. Just Kidding…
 
It was such a beautiful day outside. I wasn’t going to stay home and be a couch potato. I wanted to be productive. So I took my happy ass and my sister to be lazy productive at the beach. Usually when I go with my sisters we have an all out photo shoot, and that’s exactly what happened.


We were half way in the middle of this so called photo shoot when I got a text from my friend saying to pass by his job and go on his boat since we were close by. Did I mention this friend is a scuba diver instructor and I may have a teeny tiny crush on him. Just teeny.  Anyways, usually I’m not the type to just go and be impulsive, especially when it’s around a guy I think is cute… but he invited, he is cute, and we were going on a boat. 

Miami Skyline from the boat.
Once we got on the boat we rode out to a ship wreck miles out of Key Biscayne. What a sight to see. It was absolutely beautiful. Turns out that we weren’t just on the boat to watch other people scuba dive but we were going snorkeling. It was amazing.  We saw so many jelly fish. Apparently it’s jelly fish season. It was also really cool watching my friend in action and what he did at his job. He seems pretty fearless and that’s pretty cute haha. 

My friend at work..
I can’t believe I picked the perfect day to skip work. Who would have thought that I would have been snorkeling in blue water miles out of Miami instead of being stuck filing paperwork and dealing with customers? I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better day. I’m planning my next skip day very soon. 


Ohh & if you are ever in Miami and want to Scuba Dive or Snorkel, check out Aquatic Explorers! ♥

1 comment:

Thanks for your response!